Saturday, October 1, 2011

Juicing

When Karalee and I celebrated one of our frist Christmas' together the one thing that I really wanted was an Omega Juicer.  I think that was the only thing that I asked from Santa that year and I must have been a good boy because on Christmas Day there was an Omega Juicer under the tree!! 

It is now many years later and instead of me being the one that wants to do the juicing it is now Kennick that frequently requests making juice and smoothies.  He absolutely loves the whole process of the event.  When we say the magic word or upon his request he will go to the kitchen table and pull out a chair and drag it to the counter.  He has his hands in all aspects.  Since he is so fond of juicing and smoothines we thought we would try to "incorporate" other beneficial greens and he doesn't seem to mind.  Nice to know that he is getting healthy foods granted there isn't much he won't eat.


Kennick prepping the juicer.


Kennick putting fruit in the juicer.


Anxiously awaiting...
You may notice that we are using the back of a wooden spatula and that is because Annabelle got ahold of the juicing plunger and decided to use that for a chew toy.  The spatula is also about an inch shorter due to it getting caught in the auger a couple times.  Just a little extra fiber in the drink...


Juicing in action...


Juice pulp.  This is orange, beet and apple juice.


Kennick with a big CHEESE face while drinking his apple kale smoothie.  Yes, I did say apple kale...

Smoothies are the other big hit.  The smoothie making process has gotten much easier now that my parents got us a Ninja blender for Christmas last year.     

No comments:

Post a Comment